Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

I would like to start this post by saying thank you to all the people who have ever served and the families of those that have served. This nation would not be free without your great sacrifice. In my family, I have a brother, some cousins, a grandfather, and a great-great uncle. They have my appreciation and respect. I have heard a soldier described as one who writes a check to the nation at a price up to and including their life. I don't know who originally said it, but it gives me chills to think about what that really means. Let me encourage all my readers to take the time to personally thank those who have served.  I went out and took some pictures this morning. I hope to get them posted in the next couple of days.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go on "Nurse Jewitt's Nature Walk". I had a really good time. We went up Gee Creek and saw the water fall. It was a very relaxing time. It felt so peaceful. Much thanks to Carri and Andy for letting me tag along. Here are a few of the pictures that I took.









In my last post, I mentioned that I was moving. Just a quick update on that. I am moved, but not unpacked. There is not internet access at this point, so I will be posting from WiFi hotspots intermittently. Here is what the house looks like for those who are interested.

1 comment: