Saturday, June 4, 2011

Art as a part of my family history

I come from a long line of creative people. I have relatives that are musicians, artists, writers, poets, and photographers. Many of you that know my family know that my great grandmother was a nationally recognized artist who helped others deal with their depression through art. Her work is still around and can be seen in many places.

A couple of summers ago, I went to my Grandma's house and was helping her go through some old pictures. We came across a set that was done by my Great-Great-Great Aunt. Some of them included pictures of my Great Grandmother when she was young. I was fortunate enough to be given digital scans. I thought I would share them with you. In my opinion, she was a progressive artist. Her work is indicative of some of the styles prevalent today. From other pictures I have seen of that time period, hers was more fantasy based. She was an Artist first, and a photographer second. Anyway, I hope you like them.




1 comment:

  1. I agree about being an artist first. I had never seen these. Very good!

    ReplyDelete