Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Photographers that I admire


I have been following a couple of guys for a while now.

I think the one who has inspired me the most is David duChemin. The image above is one of the free wall papers that he puts out. You can get them on his site. I love the way that he talks about the things that make him think the way he does. He also places higher importance on creativity than buying gear, so that is a home run for broke folks like me! He does a lot of travel photography. His landscapes are awesome! Based out of Toronto, currently he is on a yearlong road trip around the US just to see what can be seen. Check out his site for some very cool pics and great resources if you are interested.

Another guy I have been following is Chase Jarvis out of Seattle. He is a portrait and commercial photographer. He also does a lot of work on photographer's rights. His blogs are detailed and descriptive of the business side of professional photography. You can find his site here.

Zack Arias out of Atlanta does great portraits. His blog is kind of intermittent, but he has a video that is amazing. I highly recommend it. You can find it here.

I think the one that has had the most operational influence on me is Scott Kelby. While he is not a photographer known for his pictures (even though he is an amazing photographer in his own rite), he is best known for his work with Photoshop. He does conferences, manuals, and all sorts of how-to for the editing process. I have a couple of his books and they are great. He is the president of NAPP and the editor in chief of Photoshop User Magazine.

I also follow David Jackson, Jeremy Cowart, and Dave Delnea.

Anyway, Just thought I would share some of the guys who I have tried to emulate. I still have a long way to go, but I hope you will enjoy looking through some of the work. Hopefully I have not bored you too much. Do you like any of their work?

No comments:

Post a Comment