Thursday, March 17, 2011

Revisiting some older shots...

Hey guys, just wanted to check in. I am preparing to  move this weekend so this will more than likely be my last post until sometime next week. No, I am not dropping off the radar... Just a few days to get stuff in boxes to another location and back out of boxes.

Anyway, with that being said, I wanted to visit a few of my other photos that I had taken and may not have shared (and definitely have not shared here).

This one was taken at sunset on the levy that runs through Chattanooga. I had been out walking for about 2 hours trying to get some bird pictures. At this point in the evening, my feet hurt and I just wanted to get back to my car. As I was walking along, I look over and see the sun filtered behind the trees and, being that my temperament is bent toward curiosity, I wonder how the camera would react to a full frontal sun shot in those conditions. Obviously, the camera performed superbly. I think the part that I like the most is that bird in the tree. I didn't know it was there at the time, but I think it adds quite a bit to the shot.

This is one of my first attempts at a panoramic image. It was stitched together from three different shots. This was also during the same time frame that I learned the Orton effect and also basic layering principles. Some of you may recognize the scenery. The bridge in front is the Walnut Street bridge. I have been told that it is the longest walking bridge in America. Please feel free to let me know if this is not the case.

This last shot is one of my later panoramic images. It was shot in the wee hours of the morning in downtown Chattanooga. This was a 30 second timed exposure with a narrow aperture. Three different takes were put together to form this one. One of the things that I like about this one is that you can still see all the colored lights reflected in the water. This was taken right after Christmas, so the city had not yet removed it's decorations from the landing in front of the aquarium. The bridge on the left is Market Street. The bridge on the right is Hwy 27. The angled roof directly in the center is the Chattanooga aquarium.

Hope you like these. I promise to check in soon after I get settled into my new place. But until then, Au revoir, Mon Ami!

No comments:

Post a Comment